Sunday, March 23, 2008

Egg dying adventure.

On Saturday we decided to dye Easter Eggs. I rarley boil eggs and had forgotten the distinct boiled egg smell. I was reminded once again that I do not appreciate that smell. I do, however, enjoy dying eggs so it was a sacrifice my nose had to make.
Kyrie enjoyed dying the Easter eggs as well as trying to drink the egg dye. She kept grabbing at the cups and saying juice. Her nose must not have detected the vinegar smell because no matter how many times I told her it was yucky she kept saying, "Yummmm juice!" over and over again until she finally succeeded in dumping the blue dye all over herself and the counter. I just have to say how thankful I am for 409! It works wonders.
Kyrie also discovered that when the eggs are dropped off the counter they made a wonderful cracking noise and she was then able to eat them.
Here is Kyrie enjoying the fruits of her labor. She has decided that she rather likes dying Easter Eggs and the colorful results she gets.

8 comments:

Reed Family said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe how many eggs you did! Me and Jemma did a grand total of SIX! (I don't really like deviled eggs or any other food that you can use boiled eggs in...egg salad sandwiches...as Jemma would say "Eww, Gross!". You're final product is very impressive though! All those colors just look so pretty together! And way to go Kyrie on getting a hold of the blue dye! Sounds like she and Sean could be quite the team these days! Have a happy Easter!

The Evans Family said...

Props to you for dying eggs with a one year old. I decided that would be a venture that we would try when Katie is a little older. I am glad that it turned out so great though! Looks like you guys had fun. Hope you have a HAPPY EASTER! Love you guys

Sharee Gariety said...

Happy Easter! Love those colorful eggs. I am happy (and surprised) to report that we actually made it through the egg dying process without any major spills or breaks. I guess that's probably because Sean didn't care about it long enough to stay and help. Anyway, good job guys. And I'm glad Kyrie never actually drank that nasty vinegar/dye/water. bleh!

Sara said...

I wanted to dye eggs this weekend, but I had nobody to do it with, so I decided that it would be too silly for me to do it alone. Your Easter eggs turned out so cute!

Jared and Leslie said...

That is so cute! How funny that she wanted to drink the vinager juice! hehe. But it was definatly a success! way to go Nat! love you guys so much! oh my mom is bringing you a little gift (a scrapbooking gift if you will :)I wrote you a little letter~ I sure hope that it makes it there all in one piece! love you so much!

Megan said...

Kyrie is so funny! That is so great that you even attempted dying eggs. It looks as though you were very successful too!

Melanie said...

awe, I know I say this everytime but Kyrie is getting so cute! I love her pig tail buns! also I am sad because I did not get to dye eggs I was stuck working. check out my blog I put up those pics of the shirt material from free people

Jody said...

how fun!!! kyrie looks so big! is she really the same age as katie??? well i hope y'all have tons of fun this weekend with Bob and Diane and all the babies! They have been sooo excited to come see you guys!!