Saturday, April 05, 2008

Down Under

Mom, Dad, Steven, Joseph, Grace, Emmalee, and Isaac all flew out from Utah to spend spring break with us. We love it and had tons of fun! One of the days was spent at Kentucky Down Under. We had an awesome time and can now go back anytime we like because we have season passes! Yahoo for that! Most of the day down under was spent feeding the birds.

Mom even fed the birds.

Kyrie loves birds! She love to chase them, and squeeze them. Needless to say the birds aren't to keen on Kyrie. She would have been happy to spend the entire day in the aviary.

The Kangaroos weren't too active the day we went. They just wanted to lounge around.


A peacock, strutting it's stuff.


Kyrie also loved the goat, so much that she fed it all her pretzels. Yeah, she is great at sharing, at least when it comes to goats.



Brian and Steven were able to flip the sheep like they do in order to sheer them. They both flipped their sheep in record time. I think they both have a great future on a sheep farm.

We also were able to try our hands at cow milking. Dad thought it would be funny to squirt people with the cows milk and he nailed me in the leg. Thanks a lot dad!

This was my first time milking a cow! I can now say that I have successfully milked a cow. Mom also milked a cow!

And here are more birds! Like I said, we spent most of the day with the birds.
One bird was chewing on my collar while the other was sqwuaking in my ear. My ear rang for about an hour afterward, and I thought Kyrie was loud.


These birds had a head fettish I think. Sharee had a very viable concern that I felt needed to be addressed. There were no heads pooped on while creating these kentucky down under memories.
There could only be two possible explanations for this phenomenon. One, the birds were potty trained or two we just got lucky. I'm betting it was the latter of the two.
Can't wait to go back! Thanks mom and dad for the season pass, we love you guys!



4 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like so much fun! I love animals. I especially love birds, I miss my lovebird I left at home. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family, it looked like you had a blast. I love the picture of all the birds on your head, so expressive!

Sharee Gariety said...

Ooohhh, I hope we get to all come out there. It looks like such fun! So, with all the birds on heads, did anybody get pooped on? I would be nervous about that, I think.
love you! It was great to talk to you tonight!
Sharee

Ryan and Ashley said...

It looks like you guys had sooo much fun! I love KY down under. We should go back this summer together (while the boys are studying for boards).

Rob and Heather said...

That looks like so so much fun. Never made it there. But would be a fun place to visit if we could ever make it out there.