Sunday, July 01, 2007

GoodByes.....

Today I said goodbye to our apartment for the last time, as I went to close the door I looked over my shoulder to revisit the wonderful year that we experienced @3200 Silver Springs DR #78. As I looked back, I could see my girls patiently waiting on the couch for me to get home from a long day, little Kyrie running and juming into my arms to get her kiss before we wrestled, and Natalie doing her crafts and cooking awesome food. The brief look back over my shoulder wasn't enough. I slowly turned and rewalked through the entire apt, each room, and opening each closet to be sure that I recalled all that I could before I said goodbye for ever. I will never forget the hall that I played hide-&-go-seek in for the first time with my little angle, or the wall that she so desperatly clung to as she took her first steps, or the table that Natlaie & I would sit at to celebrate our very inexpenceive Annaversery and Valintines day... And many other like recolections....

After a slow walk though I leaned against the wall in the front room in "MY SPOT" (where I had all 9 surround sound speakers pointed) to express my thanks to my Heavenly Father, with tears in my eyes, I thanked Him for the best and most blessed year of my life. I then, out loud sang "Time of your Life" by Green Day (this was ok because my neighbors already know Im nuts...). It was was another hard goodbye
for me as there have been others. On my way home I thought of a other "things" and "places" that I associate good memories with and, just to name a few... Our old Mini-van, Lucky...(for those of you to young... our family dog), and the big tree swing and ET's landing @ grandma and grandpa Bob's home. Remembering these things help me to reflet on the blessings and happiness that I have enjoyed through the years.... I know that each of you have "things" or "places" that you associate happy times with that you have sence said goodbye to, maybe the car that your parents taught you to drive in, or the car that you wrecked, or the chair that you shared a special talk in with a parent or child, or anything that you treasure as a special time... Perhaps you might share those with all of us,,,, perhaps we might share some in common. Take a minute and read the lyrics below and just reflect on what "things" or "places" might have been around when you have created good memories....One last one for me... "Calling BacWic... Calling BacWic..." (ask mom & dad about that one...)

Loves and Happy BBQing


Another turning point;a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist;directs you where to go.
So make the best of this testand don't ask why.
It's not a questionbut a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictablebut in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
So take the photographsand still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelfIn good health and good time.
Tattos of memoriesand dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth,it was worth all the while.
It's something unpredictablebut in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
It's something unpredictablebut in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
It's something unpredictablebut in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
Green Day "Time of Your Life"

2 comments:

Julian said...

Doctor I concur.

The ALPINE Hub said...

Bri, I think that is a wonderful little blog you put up about saying goodbye to something that you really knew and loved. Not only an apartment but it was a home for nat and kyrie to play in.
I love reading about your life in kentucky. it is always a fun thing!
Love you all!
Aunt Stacey
(only kyrie can all me that!)